The Economic Development Governor’s Choice Awards honor economic development professionals, organizations and projects making a significant impact on communities and regions in North Dakota. Awards are given out annually at the EDND Fall Conference.
Nominations are being accepted for the 2022 EDND Awards. Make a nomination today!
GOVERNOR’S CHOICE AWARD-ECONOMIC DEVELOPER OF THE YEAR
This award recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution that will leave a lasting impact on the economic health of his/her community or region, thus increasing the quality of life for residents. The award is given in the category of large and small community.
- 2021 – Small Community – Danielle Mickelson
- 2021 – Large Community – Brandon Baumbach
- 2020 – Small Community – KayCee Lindsey
- 2020 – Large Community – Shawn Wenko
- 2019 – Small Community – Carol Peterson
- 2019 – Large Community – Jennifer Feist
- 2018 – Small Community – Julie Campbell
- 2018 – Large Community – Keith Lund
- 2017 – Small Community – Melissa Beach
- 2017 – Large Community – Matt Marshall
- 2016 – Small Community – Dawn Keeley
- 2016 – Large Community – Ellen Huber
- 2015 – Small Community – Teran Doerr
- 2015 – Large Community – Gregory Ridderbusch
PROJECT OF THE YEAR
This award recognizes a project that has made a significant contribution to the economic health of the community or region in terms of job creation, partnerships and overall economic impact. The award is given in the category of large and small community.
- 2021 – Small Community – Traill County Economic Development/American Crystal Sugar/Dakota Natural Gas
- 2021 – Large Community – Grand Forks Region EDC/Minnkota Power Cooperative
- 2020 – Small Community – City of Cavalier/Cavalier Stimulus Incentive Program
- 2020 – Large Community – Forward Devils Lake/CoJack Snack and Pack LLC
- 2019 – Small Community – Lewis and Clark Development Group/North County Veterinary Clinic
- 2019 – Large Community – Valley City-Barnes County Development Corp/John Deere Seeding Group and I-94 Corridor
- 2018 – Small Community – Stark Development Corporation/Stone Mill LLC
- 2018 – Large Community – Greater Fargo Moorhead EDC/Dakota Specialty Milling
- 2017 – Small Community – Stark Development Corporation/ABLE Inc.
- 2017 – Large Community – City of West Fargo/Wex Health
- 2016 – Small Community – Bowman County Development Corporation/Bowman Gateway Industrial Park
- 2016 – Large Community – Stark Development Corporation/Fluffy Fields Vineyard and Winery
- 2015 – Small Community – Walsh County Job Development Authority/Kringstad Ironworks
- 2015 – Large Community – Williston Star Fund/TrainND-Northwest Center
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AWARD
This award is given for a development project that increases quality of life or otherwise brings about positive impacts in a community.
- 2021 – Adams County Development Corporation/The Rural Collective
- 2021 – West Fargo/EPIC Companies – Essentia Health plaza at the Lights
- 2020 – City of Lisbon/Rehab of the Hammelton
- 2019 – Wahpeton Community Development/City Brew Hall
- 2018 – Adams County Development Corporation’s Helping Hettinger Day
- 2017 – Hazen Community Development/Energy Capital Cooperative Child Care
- 2016 – Tioga Economic Development Corporation’s Drone Camp for Kids
- 2015 – City of Grafton’s Housing Rehabilitation Project
PROGRAM OR PROMOTION OF THE YEAR
This award is given to an economic development organization or entity that helped to facilitate an outstanding economic development program or promotion.
- 2021 – McKenzie County JDA