2023 EDND LEGISLATIVE VALUES
Workforce Availability and Development
The ability of North Dakota businesses to maximize the potential of the state’s economy will depend on their capacity to attract and retain a 21st-century workforce. To do this EDND:
- Recognizes the importance of connecting businesses and education through workforce training programs.
- Supports curriculum alignment and training capacity that correlates with the state’s most critical occupational needs, as well as maintaining education affordability for students.
- Supports affordable housing and childcare programs, which are essential for workforce development.
- Supports statewide-level marketing efforts to attract a workforce to keep ND communities open for business.
The long-term future of North Dakota is dependent upon planning expanded economic diversification and supporting innovation, entrepreneurship, and start-up ventures that bring new wealth to the state. EDND:
- Supports investments in applied research and commercialization focused on technology development that will lead to the diversification of North Dakota’s economy.
- Supports and places a high priority on sustaining effective and flexible financing options and programs.
- Supports financing alternatives through venture capital funding to entrepreneurs and start-ups.
Smart, efficient infrastructure that gives North Dakota the capacity to grow is critically important to the health and vitality of the state. EDND:
- Supports strong funding options for local infrastructure projects and growth.
- Supports a strong statewide transportation system, which is vital to economic development and long-range planning.
- Supports the expansion of natural gas throughout the state.
Healthy and vibrant communities are essential in attracting talent to live and work in communities and in revitalization, diversification, and new wealth creation. The growth potential of North Dakota communities and rural areas depends on the quality of life that exists in those communities. EDND:
- Supports effective tools, programs and funding to attract people and improve the quality of life in all North Dakota communities.
Improving the state’s economic and business climate with a competitive taxation and regulatory environment to promote the creation of new wealth and the diversification of North Dakota’s economy. EDND supports:
- Supports diversified and competitive taxation, including corporate and personal income taxes.
- Supports local decision-making and flexibility regarding business financing and incentives.
For more information, contact EDND at 701-355-4458